Meat Rogan Josh is a delicious, spicy Indian curry dish originating in the Kashmir region of India. The dish is traditionally made with lamb but can also be made with beef or goat. The key to making a delicious Meat Rogan Josh is using spices, such as garam masala, turmeric, and Kashmiri red chilli powder. In this response, we will explore the history of Meat Rogan Josh Spices for Sale Online, the ingredients used, and how to make it.
History of Meat Rogan Josh
Meat Rogan Josh is said to have originated in the Kashmir region of India. The word “rogan josh” comes from the Persian words “Rogan”, which means oil, and “josh”, which means heat or passion. The dish is traditionally made with lamb, readily available in the region. The spices used in the dish, such as cumin, coriander, and cinnamon, are also commonly used in Kashmiri cuisine. The dish was later popularized in other parts of India and is now enjoyed worldwide. Click here for related information Halloumi Tikka Masala for Sale Online.
Ingredients Used in Meat Rogan Josh
Meat Rogan Josh is made with various spices and ingredients that give it its signature flavour. Some of the key ingredients include:
Meat: Traditionally, lamb is used to make Meat Rogan Josh. However, beef or goat can also be used.
Ghee or oil: Ghee, a clarified butter commonly used in Indian cuisine, is often used for cooking meat. However, oil can also be used.
Spices: Various spices are used in Meat Rogan Josh, including garam masala, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and Kashmiri red chilli powder.
Yogurt: Yogurt marries the meat, which helps tenderize it and adds flavour.
Tomatoes: Add acidity to the dish and balance out the spices.
How to Make Meat Rogan Josh
Making Meat Rogan Josh is a fairly simple process, but it does require some time and patience. Here is a basic recipe for Meat Rogan Josh:
– 2 lbs lamb, cut into cubes
– 2 tbsp ghee or oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– a 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
– 1 tsp cumin powder
– 1 tsp coriander powder
– 1 tsp cinnamon powder
– 1 tsp turmeric powder
– 1 tsp garam masala
– 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
– 1 cup plain yogurt
– 2 tomatoes, diced
– Salt, to taste
- Heat the ghee or oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and Kashmiri red chilli powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the lamb to the pot and cook for 10-15 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Add the yogurt to the pot and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the diced tomatoes and salt to taste. Cover the pot and let it simmer for 1-2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
- Serve hot with rice or naan.